Careers at Red Pulse
Red Pulse is a fast-growing fintech company and is looking to hire people with a broad set of skills from various fields.
We are on the look out for talented individuals who want to apply their knowledge and experience to build a cutting-edge research sharing ecosystem.
We are looking for senior Python Backend Engineers responsible for building the backend system for our mobile and web applications and for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. The primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. The developers will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions which may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
Skills And Qualifications
- Expert in Python 3, with knowledge of at least the Django Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc depending on your technology stack}}
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries and storing data in PostgreSQL
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
Plus points for infrastructure and devops experience.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Thorough understanding of Vue.js / React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular Vue.js / React.js workflows (such as VueX / Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript (ES6)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, yarn, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
We’re searching for research analysts to help us broaden our coverage of China’s financial markets and economy. You’ll be part of a team that drives the development of new products and services, offered via own cryptocurrency RPX, to help the global investment community better understand the China market environment and make informed business and investment decisions. Your role is to research and curate key market developments from Chinese-language information sources, conduct relevant analysis from the perspective of a financial advisor and investor, and finally produce polished content delivered to our customers.
Successful candidates are highly detail-oriented, able to work effectively both alone and in teams, and have an inquisitive mind. At Red pulse, you’ll be joining a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment with the resources to grow.
- Source, aggregate and curate important developments in the China market and various sectors
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on selected market developments, company announcements, and industry trends
- Produce polished research and analysis content for delivery to customers via web, mobile app, and email
- Work creatively and independently to produce high-quality deliverables, under the general guidance of senior consultants
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin
- Strong writing and communication skills
- BA/BS with outstanding academic credentials
- Working towards CFA or other industry accreditation is a plus
- Background or strong interest in investment management, finance, or economics
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams